by Antonis Nikolopoulos
An important part of my life has always been the sea. I got to know it well at quite a young age, in the early 70s, when I began sailing with dinghies off the southern coast of Athens Greece. I was soon taking part in sailing races and for the next ten years I won numerous distinctions in national championships. In the years that followed, I turned to offshore sailing – racing as well as coaching. I was one of the first windsurfers in Greece and I remain active in wind foiling. For me, windsurfing is a way of life – exercising both the body and the mind. As of 2006 until 2020, I worked as a windsurfing coach in the RS:X ex. Olympic class and the Techno 293 youth Olympic class.
The art of photography…
The power of photography was revealed to me through the work of major travel photographers. It was then that I realized what a magical thing it is to tell stories and capture emotions through images. I took a serious interest in photography while taking Physics at university, where I studied camera lenses and wrote my bachelor’s thesis on the subject. For 25 years, my work involved mainly photographing products in a studio. I also practiced architectural photography. At the same time, I travelled across Greece, photographing landscapes or open-air activities on behalf of magazines or as personal projects. One such series of landscape photographs was published as a photography book.
My double capacity as a photographer and a sailor finally led to the idea of my specializing in Marine Photography.”
Marine Photography services
- Photographing motorized and sailing boats for professionals, such as shipbrokers, shipyards, owners or boating magazines. Each series of photographs conveys the style, luxury and individual character of each vessel and can be used to promote its rental, sale, or any other use.
- 360 degrees panoramic high resolution images, virtual tour production.
- Photographing sailing or windsurfing races and events.
- Photographing villas, hotels and other lodgings.
- Aerial photography and video with use of a drone for all of the above.
- Still life and food photography.
- Printing of photographs (fine art prints) on canvas, backlit, adhesive vinyl, or other waterproof, durable materials for long-term showing indoors or outdoors.
Recent yacht photography assignments
OMIKRON OT/60, M/Y MIA CA, S/Y MALTESE FALCON, S/Y XASTERIA, M/Y OPTASIA, S/Y THELGINOS, M/Y MY EDEN, M/Y MYSTIC, M/Y ACIONNA, M/Y REGINA K, M/Y SUN ANEMOS, M/Y PATHOS, M/Y IRENE, M/Y O’ NATALINA, M/Y SUNCOCO, M/Y OCEANE II, M/Y PARVATI, M/Y NASHIRA, M/Y CONDOR, S/Y ANTARA, M/Y AE CAP d’ ANTIBES, M/Y IONIAN PRINCESS, S/Y MALCOLM MILLER, M/Y SOURAYA,M/Y DREAM B, M/Y OPTION B, M/Y X-CHIOS, M/Y NINEMIA, M/Y KAMBOS BLUE, M/Y GEOSAND